HCIA operates a 24 hour hotline to:
- Provide information to the community and visitors to the area about AA meetings, conferences and other events of interest at the local, state, national and international levels.
- Provide information on volunteer opportunities in the local AA community.
- Provide local twelfth step referrals to AA members who have volunteered for this type of service work.
HCIA provides opportunities for office volunteers who:
- Answer the hotline.
- Sell conference approved AA literature and anniversary medallions.
- Assist AA groups and other local entities in procuring speakers for various functions and events.
- Publish a monthly newsletter for the Austin area AA community.